Withdraw from Graduate School
To officially withdraw from The Colorado School of Mines, a graduate student must communicate directly with the Graduate Dean or process a withdrawal form through the Graduate Office. The Withdraw from Graduate School Form initiates a request from a student to withdraw from The Colorado School of Mines Graduate School.
To make this request:
- Download the Withdraw from Graduate School Form,
- Complete, print and sign the form.
- Obtain signatures from:
- Your advisor
- Representatives for the following Mines departments. If approval is given via email, attach a copy of the email to the Withdrawal form when submitting to the Graduate School.
- Office of Financial Aid - email: email@example.com required for all students
- Library - email: firstname.lastname@example.org - required for all students
- Student Receivables - email: email@example.com required for all students
- Health Insurancefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Shop - required for all students email@example.com
- Veterans Counselor - Veterans only firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Studies - International students only email@example.com
- Student Housing - Students living in Mines housing only
- Submit signed copy to the Office of Graduate Studies by no later than the last day of class.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
Students withdrawing from school AND dropping credits:
- Submit completed form with all signatures to OGS by 5:00pm on census day
- To drop credits
- Have the record removed from your transcript and
- Receive a full refund
- Forms received after 5:00pm on census day
- Credits are withdrawn, so you will not recieve a grade
- "W" (withdrawal) will be noted on your transcript
- You may recieve a partial refund or no refund, depending on when the form is submitted.
- For details, visit Student Receivable's information at: https://inside.mines.edu/Accounts_Receivable-Cashiering and click on Student Receivables FAQs.
If you are withdrawing from one graduate degree, but continuing in another graduate degree at Mines, please use the Withdraw from a Graduate Program form.
Office of Graduate Studies
Student Center - Suite E140
1200 16th St.
Golden, CO 80401