Thesis Committee Requirements
The Advisor/Committee form is degree specific.
Master's thesis and PhD students are required to submit the form prior to submitting the Degree Audit form. Before forming a committee and submitting the fom, make sure to read the Advisor/Committee requirements.
The Advisor/Committee form must be submitted to:
- change an advisor
- form a committee
- change a committee
- Should be submitted by 2nd semester in program
- Must be submitted prior to the Degree Audit form
- Must be submitted for every degree. Students in both an MS thesis and a PhD must submit a committee form for each degree.
- Must be submitted every time a committee changes
- Advisor must always sign form
- Department head must always sign the form
- Any advisor/committee member being removed must sign the form
- Any new committee member must sign the form.
- Committee members who signed the original form and are remaining on the committee need to be listed on the form, but do not need to sign the form again
- As a general rule, changes should not be made within:
- MS: final semester
- PhD: final year
Masters' non-thesis students only need to submit the form if:
- changing advisors
- adding or changing a minor representative