Graduate Student Graduation Information
Graduation requires a great deal of planning and coordination by graduating students, various departments, and the Office of Graduate Studies. Please note that your full cooperation is needed for graduation to be a success.
- December 2017 graduation application deadline-September 5, 2017
- May 2018 graduation application deadline-January 24, 2018
- August 2018 graduation application deadline-April 15, 2018
4. Print check-out form
- Your check-out form will be emailed to your CSM email address after your have applied to graduate in Trailhead. The Office of Graduate Studies will begin emailing the forms approximately 1 month before census day of the semester of graduation. If you plan to check-out early and need your form earlier, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Order regalia
6. Log onto Marching Order to verify ceremony information (if you are walking in the commencement cermony, you must log on to Marching Order)
- You will not be able to log onto Marching Order until you receive an email from the Office of Graduate Studies with directions.
- Once you get the email with directions, make sure you use the exact same email address in which you recieved the email.
- For example, if the email was sent to email@example.com, make sure set you log on with firstname.lastname@example.org not email@example.com
8. Attend Graduation practice (required if attending the commencement ceremony)
9. Attend the Commencement Ceremony
The graduate student commencement ceremony will be streamed live, beginning 5 minutes before the ceremony begins.